Advice and support for refugees and asylum seekers, Welcome Centre, Support into employment, English Lessons, Food Bank, Donated bicycles
9.30am - 4pm Mon - Fri
Eligibility & Referral
Service for refugees and asylum seekers. Self-referral or referral from other agencies.
Asylum Welcome provides a wide range of closely integrated services for asylum-seekers and refugees. It offers advice and support on a range of issues including immigration law, housing, and homelessness, health, education, family reunion, etc.
We run a youth club for unaccompanied asylum-seeking children and young people, and offer support for those wishing to enter continuing education and employment.
We also run a food bank for identified clients facing severe poverty and destitution, and have a stock of donated bicycles.
Key functions & activities offered
- Adult and Family Advice Service - trained volunteers supported by qualified and experienced staff provide advice in both drop-in sessions and appointments. Advice, sign-posting to other agencies, referral to other AW services, small grants for specific purposes.
- Youth Support Service – support to unaccompanied asylum-seeking children and young people. Weekly youth club and holiday activities, individual advice and support by appointment.
- Education Advice – advice and signposting on continuing and higher education, conversion of qualifications. One-to-one pre-entry level English lessons for those unable to access classes elsewhere.
- Employment Support Service – advice and support to those with permission to work to progress towards employment. Support with looking for work, writing CVs and job applications, unpaid work experience, use of computers for job searches, etc.
- Food Bank – food and essential toiletries for refugees and asylum seekers identified as suffering extreme poverty.
- Welcome Centre – a friendly, welcoming space where refugees can come, make tea and coffee, chat, and use computers.
- Support to Refugee Community Organisations – support and advice to small local Refugee Community Organisations to increase their capacity.
- Donated bicycles – free refurbished bicycles.