Housing Projects (Aspire Oxfordshire)
8.00-4.30 Monday to Friday
Eligibility & Referral
Rough sleepers/people with complex housing needs in South Oxfordshire and ex-offenders in Oxfordshire
In Oxfordshire, there is a critical lack of suitable move-on housing for people affected by homelessness and rough sleeping. Aspire are working with housing associations and other partners to provide innovative responses to Oxfordshire's housing and homelessness crisis, including the Housing First approach.
Aspire are delighted to be working in partnership with Soha Housing and South Oxfordshire District Council (SODC) to deliver a Housing First project in South Oxfordshire. Aspire are providing the specialist, wrap around support to help former rough sleepers rebuild their lives. This collaborative, partnership project is the first of its kind in Oxfordshire and we will be expanding this approach with other housing associations. With funding from Nationwide, we have been able to expand this project into West Oxfordshire, and look to extend the project further into Cherwell and the Cotswolds from late 2020.
Aspire are working in collaboration with Cottsway Housing and West Oxfordshire District Council to deliver the ‘Our House’ community housing project. Based in Witney, this innovative project provides personalised employment and independent living support for single under-35s who are on out-of-work benefits across West Oxfordshire, by taking larger properties and turning them into shared accommodation.
In 2018, Aspire also launched our first housing project alongside A2Dominion and Oxford City Council to manage a six bed property for rough sleepers who can't usually access local homeless services. We were also able to provide them with specialist employment and access to work experience, with the aim of supporting people to move on into sustainable jobs and housing. In September 2019 we were delighted to receive funding to provide supported housing for ex-offenders, providing them with the holistic support they need to move forward with their lives. As of August 2020, we are excited to be bringing online and refurbishing empty residential properties in central Oxford to provide much needed, supported move-on accommodation for adults experiencing homelessness - including one women's only property, and a winter night shelter for rough sleepers in severe weather.
Key functions & activities offered
- Simple referral route into the Aspire Housing First service
- Step by step support pre-tenancy, building a relationship at the first point of referral
- Intensive wrap-around support, to include Universal Credit support and help with maximising income
- Bespoke 121 employment, education & training support at Aspire
- Access to Aspire’s work experience programme on our enterprise businesses
- Proactively championing multi-agency meetings
- Independent Housing First evaluation of project
- Homeless Link benchmarking against best practice for housing projects
- Connecting individuals to wider services such as drug and alcohol, probation, mental health etc.