9.30am - 5pm Mon - Fri, 10am - 2pm Sat
Turning Point is a fully integrated Adult substance misuse treatment provider in Oxfordshire. We have Hubs located in Oxford City Centre, Witney, Didcot and Banbury.
We currently have 1250 service users in treatment for opiate substitute therapy in addition to around 75 non-opiate users and 200 alcohol users.
We work closely with our stakeholders which include AMHT, probation (NPS and CRC) , magistrates and Crown Court, children's services and adult safeguarding services. We also provide training to external partners around substance misuse.
Key functions & activities offered
- Service delivery Monday to Friday 9.30am to 5pm, and Saturdays 10am to 2pm
- Harm minimisation (including specialist needle exchange)
- Groups: mindfulness, relapse prevention, recovery skills, introduction to change, SMART, women’s group, parenting group and freedom programme
- Specialist prescribing
- Alcohol detoxes
- Community opiate detoxes
- BBV testing
- Opiate substation therapy at GP practices throughout the county
- ETE, boxercise and various activities
- Housing support and signposting
- Refresh café – structured volunteering opportunities and aftercare packages
- Outreach in Hostels and shared care